Household recycling centres update
All of Wiltshire Council’s household recycling centres (HRCs), apart from Stanton St Quintin, have been open for a couple of weeks now, and although the queues have been long, they have been well managed.
If your waste cannot safely be stored at home and you must travel to a HRC, please note the following:
- They’re operating a postcode entry system – check your postcode.
- Several HRCs are operating different opening hours – check opening hours.
- For sites that are open all day, queues are slightly shorter in the afternoons, but you will still have a long wait of at least an hour – so please only attend if you really cannot store your waste at home.
- If you really must travel to a HRC, your nearest site may not be the one with the shortest queue.
- Save a wasted journey by checking what you can and can’t bring to a HRC.
- Remember that only one person per vehicle can get out – this is to protect our staff and ensure social distancing.